The Optical Remote Sensing Laboratory is part of the Cooperative Center for Earth System Sciences and Remote Sensing Technologies (CREST), a multidisciplinary center, led by the City College of the City University of New York (CUNY). The purpose of the Ocean and Coastal ORS Lab is to monitor and investigate the optical properties of complex coastal areas as well as clear open ocean waters. This is accomplished with remotely-sensed data, received from operational and research satellites, observing platforms and in situ data. The ORS Lab involved in following research projects
- Tracking of Harmful Algal Blooms
- Multiangular Hyperspectral Polarimetry in Case I and Case II Waters,
- Improvement of Algorithms for Remote Sensing for Oceanic and Coastal Areas,
- Observing Platforms for Calibration and Validation of Satellite Oceanic Products,
- Retrieval of Chlorophyll Fluorescence.
For more information click here.